Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Friday, June 5, 2015

China Study Tour - Day 7 (Sunday)

Day 7 was the second day of home stay. The second and the last night. My feeling was half excited and the rest was sad. Although they weren't my own family, but they had treated me very well. They were also very kind. I woke up at around 7 am. My foster mom said that we would have breakfast outside and then she asked me to get ready. At first, I had thought that they would have taken a bath first but I was totally wrong because they didn't do it. They also didn't ask me to take a bath so that I said that I wanted to take a bath first before going outside. Fortunately, they patiently waited for me hahaha. I didn't know where we went for breakfast but they treated me :D


I ate egg every breakfast times because I didn't like anything else T_T Having our breakfast done, I went to Mei Chen's house to spend time together again because Yu Xin's mom were going to work and she was gonna come to Mei Chen's at lunch time. Yu Xin and Mei Chen invited me and Ayleen to go to their primary and middle school. I was so excited that I could visit their school because I thought like, "Kapan lagi coba gw ke China terus ngunjungin sekolah2nya kalo ga sama mereka diajakin."(When would I come to China to visit its local school if I wasn't invited by them) ahahaha. But the more exciting thing was before going to their school, we went to the traditional market to accompany Mei Chen's mom buying the ingredients for lunch's food.

Ayleens!


Ignore my face

Mei Chen's mom went home and we continued our journey to Yu Xin's and Mei Chen's school. Their school was 德州十中 (Dezhou no. 10 Middle School). There was an exam in their school so that it was quite hard for us to get into their school moreover Ayleen and I weren't its student. Fortunately, we got allowed to get in but only around the field. Their school was soooooo big! The field was so big and green. The point was their school was very cool! I didn't forget to take photos there because we should capture every moments, shouldn't we? ahaha

In front of 德州十中


I'm in love with this photo.
Credits to Ayleen ;D

Mei Chen!
After visiting their middle school, we went to their primary school. Their primary school wasn't too far from their primary school. Fyi, we walked from Mei Chen's place - traditional market - 德州十中 - their primary school - Mei Chen's place. It was fun but yeah, tiring. Arriving at Mei Chen's place, we were invited by Mei Chen's mom to learn how to make steamed buns. It was very interesting XD Then not long after that, Yu Xin's mom was coming and we had our lunch. I ate 2 steamed buns because it was delicious. I didn't eat anything else because I didn't like the other foods. After eating, Yu Xin's mom came to her apartment alone to take car to take Ayleen and me going to a place for closing ceremony. We still had time to take a nap for 45 minutes but actually it was more than 45 minutes and it made Ayleen and me late for the closing ceremony u.u Fortunately, when we arrived there, the event hadn't started yet. There were a lot of performances showed in the closing ceremony such as a dancing that we had learnt at the cultural school, Angklung, a traditional Indonesia dancing, etc.

Angklung's performance

They performed Indonesia traditional dancing.

With the principal of the cultural
school

Vern!

The closing ceremony took around 2 hours and then we gathered again with our foster family. Directly we went to Mei Chen's grandparents' home to have BBQ and celebrate Yu Xin's birthday in advance. Yu Xin's birthday should have been on next Thursday but I thought because of Ayleen's and my presence, she made her birthday celebration in advance. Mei Chen's grandparents' home was still like an old house. But I was so grateful that I could visit their house because, "Kapan lagi coba gw ke China terus ngunjungin rumah2 tua kalo ga sama mereka diajakin."(When would I come to China to visit the old house if I wasn't invited by them) ahahaha. Mei Chen, Ayleen and I sang happy birthday for Yu Xin. Ayleen and I offered ourselves to sing happy birthday in Bahasa Indonesia then we sang it hoho. As usual when we were waiting Yu Xin's mom to come after parking her car, we were offered fruits. China had a small mango and all fruits in China were sweet. Yu Xin's mom brought a birthday cake and honestly it was very delicious especially the cream. Because the cream in China and in Indonesia were very different.




祝你生日快乐,刘育昕!


BBQ! BBQ! BBQ!

BBQ with the new family in China! ;D

With Mei Chen's cousin. Isn't he cute?

We played like a running man after eating and then we left Mei Chen's grandparents' home at around 9pm. I took a bath and then went to sleep because I needed to wake up early. Day 7 was very fun! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment