Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Thursday, June 4, 2015

China Study Tour - Day 6 (Saturday)

That day, we should wake up early in the morning. We should also put our suitcase and thing at our teacher's room because that day we had home stay! We had our breakfast at the hotel first then we directly went to the cultural school to meet our foster family. We would stay in our foster family's house for 2 nights. Because day 6 was the last day at Xisen Hotel, I ate much for the breakfast hahaha.

Breakfast

I was excited to meet my foster family yet I felt scared too. I felt scared that I couldn't communicate because google translate didn't work in China. Fortunately, my foster sister, 刘育昕 (Liu Yu Xin), could speak and understand English :D The funny thing was because of differences in accent, sometimes we didn't understand what we were talking about so that we used translator on her iPad to communicate hahaha. My foster sister had a best friend, 房美辰 (Fang Mei Chen), who also took a foster child so that we played together. I was so happy knowing that thing because I could play together with my friend, Ayleen! Before going to their house, we had an ice breaker first and it was fun :D


Credit to Mr. Iling


Credit to Mr. Iling

Yu Xin, Mei Chen, Ayleen, and I went to my Yu Xin's house first because Ayleen's foster family was outside. Yu Xin gave me a watch and I gave her a bracelet which was made in Indonesia hoho. yu Xin's house was big. It had 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen. Even they had a garage because they had a car but the garage was at the first stair, Yu Xin's house was at the fifth stairs. We played together and then we took a photo. When Ayleen and her foster family came back to their house, Yu Xin invited me to go to her grandparents' house which wasn't far from hers even it was only different a block. I had lunch in Yu Xin's place and the food was delicious. I brought a potato chip from Indonesia and I gave it to them. After having lunch, we made dumpling's skin because we were gonna make dumpling for dinner. Then at around 1.30pm, Ayleen and Mei Chen came to Yu Xin's place because we would play together to a park that I didn't know what the name was hahaha. The park was soooooo beautiful because it was decorated by a wide variety of flowers, a lake, a scenery of the buildings and many more. Because of the hot weather, we ate ice cream at the park. We spent around 3 hours there for like a bonding session ahaha XD


Yu Xin's mom, me, Yu Xin, Mei Chen






Ayleen!


We love each other! <3

After playing at the park, we came back home into Yu Xin's house to make dumpling together. I was so excited because finally I could learn how to make dumpling and taste the real Chinese dumpling. Ayleen and I were gonna make the dumpling together at Yu Xin's place so that Yu Xin, Yu Xin's mom, Mei Chen, Mei Chen's mom, Ayleen and I had dinner together. Waiting for Mei Chen's mom, Yu Xin's mom gave us a fruit. I didn't know what the name was but the seeds could be eaten. We made two fillings for the dumpling, pork and egg. I didn't know how many dumpling we made, but those were so many. Before eating the dumpling, we tossed our drink. Yu Xin and Mei Chen exclaimed, "Welcome to our house!"


These were only a half of the dumplings we made.
After eating, I took a bath. The clock showed 9p.m but Yu Xin's dad hadn't been at home yet. I asked her where her dad was. She answered me that her dad worked in another city. I slept together with Yu Xin at her bedroom because her bedroom is quite big. Day 6 was tiring and fun! I could learn new things, meet new people and many more :)

Yu Xin's bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment