Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Why I am Proud of my Country

an expository essay by Grace Nathania

Indonesia is located at South-East Asia and it has thirty four provinces inside. Indonesia is a developing country where the people work hard in order to develop Indonesia. There are some of the things that make me proud of my country while some people say that Indonesia is a corrupt country.

First, Indonesia has a lot of beautiful places and natural resources. We can find a lot of beautiful islands in Indonesia such as Bali, Raja Ampat, and Mount Bromo. People around the world often visit Indonesia during their holidays or for business. Some countries also import Indonesia’s natural resources because they cannot find the natural resources like in Indonesia.

Second, Bahasa Indonesia is said as one of the hardest language. It is true since there are some words that foreign people cannot pronounce well. Bahasa Indonesia has a quite hard grammar so that if we want to be able to both speak and write in Bahasa Indonesia, we should learn first. As Indonesian and I speak Bahasa Indonesia, I am proud of it.

Third, there are many tribes, races, and wide range cultures in Indonesia but Indonesia is still as one. Indonesia has a motto Bhinneka Tunggal Ika which means although we are different, we are still one. Indonesians respect each other although others come from different tribes, races, and cultures. The varieties and the respect are the things I am proud of Indonesia.

Fourth, Indonesia adopts democratic government where the people hold the highest power of authority. The people is the one who lead the country so that they can express their aspirations without the need to feel threaten.

There are still many things I am proud of my country but those four things are the thing I am proud most. People might say that Indonesia is a corrupt country or whatever but I have a lot of things that I am proud of my country. 

Watch the video bellow:
the video is in Bahasa but it's really worth to watch :D

INDONESIA IS NOT PERFECT BUT IT IS AWESOME!
Thanks God, I'm Indonesian!

1 comment: