Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Merry Riana The Movie

Hi guys! How's life? School is really busy now! I'm gonna be crazy hahaha
So now I'm gonna write about an very inspiring movie that I watched 2 weeks ago. I forced my mom to watch together because it was such a really good movie. Fortunately, my mom was willing to go after having had arguments with me hahaha


Title : Merry Riana Mimpi Sejuta Dollar (2014)
Casts : Chelsea Islan, Dion Wiyoko, Kimberly Ryder,
Ferry Salim, Cynthia Lamusu
Director : Hestu Saputra
Studio : MD Pictures

Synopsis(source: google):
Jakarta, 1998 situation of Jakarta wasn't conducive. Riots happened everywhere. Economic situation was getting worse and worse. This thing happened to Merry Riana's family. Even she should move to Singapore as her parents wanted. Without enough money, she was succeed arriving at Singapore. Her parents said she should meet their relative there. Merry didn't find her relative because her relative was in trouble there. She went alone in The Lion City,
Merry always thought and finally she searched for an information of her high school's friend, Irene, who was studying in Singapore. After getting Irene's contact, finally they met up. With Irene's help, Merry could find a place to stay in Irene's dorm for a while. Because of strict rules in both campus and Singapore, Irene got warned not to bring strangers to sleepover in dorm except students in her campus. Fortunately, in Irene's campus there had Student Loan program and definitely Irene asked Merry to enroll herself and join the test.
After joining the test, Merry passed. But that happy news brought new problem for her life. She was confused how to pay campus fee in total almost S$40000 and she should have a guarantor during her stayed in Singapore. Whereas, she stayed alone and she didn't have any abilities and enough money as well.
Irene asked for Alva, her senior and also her crush, help to be Merry's guarantor. Alva agreed to help Merry. Time traveled, Merry always searched to get a job to be able living in Singapore independently. She tried many jobs until she played investing in stock market that had high risk, Because Alva often met and saw Merry's hard works, he paid attention and liked Merry. Merry couldn't accept Alva easily because she didn't want to hurt her best friend, Irene, feeling. How was the next Merry's life and love destiny? Would all of her dreams come true?


This movie has some love parts but I don't care because what I wanna to watch is how she struggled to live oversea with not enough money. She has a good personality and she is a hard worker. Tears started trickling down on my cheeks when I was watching this movie. The point is, this movie is really touching! Maybe you will say that I'm too over but everything has different effect to every people. So, you can't judge me! Haha ;D 
This film has a lot of moral lessons that will be useful for our life ahead. A quote that I still remember until now, "I might not be the smartest nor the strongest but I am the most persistent. I will fight till the end and never give up!"
This movie is really successful to burn my spirit and yes I might not be the smartest but I will be the most persistent among all! I really recommended this movie. I give 9/10! ;D

The tickets ;D

Not only me, you really can as well!

If our work hard carries with its good way, intention, and
determination, we can achieve dream.

Life isn't enough to only downsize and survive
but we should struggle... until the end

With His way as well, God gives grace in the most difficult
situation that we have ever faced.

A support from the closest people is a source of peaceful
when we struggle and the effect is really big!

I should be brave
YES! I should be brave

I will stand from failure for the sake of achieving the real success

Life is a struggle that we should win, a challenge that we should
face, and God's grace that we should be grateful

The hardest time in struggling is a sign that successful is getting
closer and closer.

Everything is getting easier  and easier when we still have a hope.

I'll fight till the end and never give up!

All photos with quotes are from google and courtesy of MD Pictures :)

1 comment: