Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Simple but Meaningful

by Grace Nathania

Christmas trees were along the road and snows glowed white. The road was so full by colorful light that surrounded all the Christmas trees there. Many people with happiness on their face walked around the way. They  didn't only walk around but also took photo with their family in front of Christmas tree.

My family and I walked around on the road. We were very happy in this Christmas eve. My body was wrapped by my new Santa costume. We only spent two hours there because we wanted to celebrate Christmas eve at home. I still wanted to stay here, but I chose to go home to enjoy togetherness with my family.

Arriving at my house, I directly ran to the door because I could not wait to celebrate Christmas eve. My mother prepared the foods and my father lighted the bonfire since there was very cold outside. My brother and I sat in front of television and watched movie.

Eventually my mother called us to eat together. I ran to the dining room, but suddenly I lost my appetite when I saw what on the table were. Those were only simple foods such as fried chickens, potato wedges and s’mores. I was disappointed, but when I tasted the food, I was shocked and glared. Those were extremely delicious foods that I had ever eaten.

After eating together, we watched Christmas movie and warmed our self. The film was so touching that taught us to be grateful in Christmas day not only for the presents or the foods but the togetherness with people we loved as well. Because of that film, I realized that my thought for Christmas was wrong. I always wanted the present and never enjoyed togetherness I spent. That night was the best Christmas eve in my life because I got both a new lesson and a watch as my Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment