Pages

Follow Us

Hi guys! So this blog is made as an online journal of Jasmine and Grace. We share our experiences, reviews, opinions, and many more! We will try our best to update this blog on weekends. Please leave a comment for our blog so that we can make improvements. We hope our writing can be useful for all readers! ;D

Friday, July 8, 2016

Rudy Habibie (Film)

Hi guys! As I promised that I'll try to update this blog during holiday, I'd like to review a movie that I watched some days ago. I watched an Indonesia movie titled "Rudy Habibie".


If you live outside Indonesia, you'll probably not know who Rudy Habibie is. In Indonesia, Rudy Habibie is known as B.J Habibie and he is the third president of Indonesia. He is also the seventh vice president of Indonesia. It is said that Rudy Habibie is the second film of Habibie & Ainun but for me, it is not the second because the movie is focus on the young Rudy.

Genre : Drama
Producer : Manoj Punjabi
Director: Hanung Bramantyo
Script : Ginanti S. Noer
Starred:
Reza Rahadian
Chelsea Islan
Indah Permatasari
Ernest Prakasa
Boris Bokir
Cakra Khan
Verdi Solaiman
Donny Damara
Dian Nitami
Pandji Pragiwaksono

Synopsis (source: Pusat Sinopsis)
Rudy Habibie tells a story a few decades before the movie of Habibie & Ainun. This film tells us the story of young person who has lots of dreams and love stories.

Rudy had a dream to succeed in making an aeroplane as it was a message from his late father. However, there were lots of obstacles for him to achieve his dream such as financial, and time. Rudy had eventually gone to study in RWTH in Ancheen, West Germany.

In Germany, Rudy lived within the limit and he was homesick. Rudy learnt the meaning of love, friendship, and betrayal from his new Indonesian friends who studied in Ancheen as well.


This film is so touching because I can see someone who really loves his country. I see Rudy Habibie as someone who never forgets about his hometown because he studied abroad in purpose of coming back to Indonesia to build the country. You might have ever heard that Rudy had ever been offered a citizenship of Germany because of his genius. Instead of taking the offer, he still insisted to come back to Indonesia.

My favorite actor in this film is Reza Rahadian who plays as Rudy Habibie. In my opinion, he is such a great actor because his accent is so similar with the real Rudy Habibie. He really enjoys being Rudy because the way he act is so natural. This movie is recorded in both Indonesia and Germany.

The duration of this film is 143 minutes and this film is showed in all theaters in Indonesia. If I'm not mistaken, this film is also showed in Malaysia. Oh ya, if you want to enjoy the cheap yet profitable, you should go to the theater on weekday because the ticket is only for 25K-30K IDR. 25K-30K IDR for 143mins, isn't that cheap?? Let me tell you that this movie is good, so that's why I write profitable.

I shed a tears during watching this hahaha. You might say that I was too excessive, but it really depends on each person's opinion.

I'd give this move 9/10 ;D

1 comment: